Apr 13, 2010
I’ll add to this list over time. We recommend all of these.
- Angelina’s Pizzeria has delicious pizzas and Italian food at affordable prices. Our portions were large, so you could share.
- Bill & Frank’s Brickhouse Grill has delicious food, but can get too crazy-busy on a weekend night, so try another time.
- Boston Coffeehouse I loved the decor (the original Boston Coffeehouse is on New York Ave.) and my sandwich on a pretzel bun
- Brian’s Bar-B-Q has award-winning food. The John Wayne Burger was fantastic!
- Casey’s on the Corner Enjoy a variety of hotdogs in a baseball-themed storefront restaurant and then go watch some good baseball.
- De La Vega is an upscale Mexican restaurant and art gallery.
- Dublin Station American pub atmosphere, but not high on our list.
- El Taco Amigo has real Mexican food in a drive-up next to an auto repair shop (catty corner to Tony’s pizza)
- Mainstreet Grill I prefer to eat here for lunch because I think dinner is over-priced.
- Norville Barnes would be our choice for celebrating a special occasion.
- Pat & Toni’s Sweet Things So far, I’ve just enjoyed looking at the wall-to-wall candy in this store, resisting the goodies.
- Rodeo Whip homemade ice cream that is very popular with the locals.
- Sweet Spot homemade ice cream and nearer to Stetson University.
- The Old Spanish Sugar Mill is actually at nearby DeLeon Springs State Park – make your own pancakes in the old mill at your table (read our story).
- Tomasita’s Cuban Bistro has delicious Cuban food.
- Tony’s New York Pizza has the best pizza near Stetson and good prices, too.