I love to read to my kiddos! Check out my list of great books to read to children on Goodreads.
Feel free to share this page with young families and… grab a book! Download the audio files for those long car trips.
Click to the index at the bottom of this page for a list of the books (and upcoming books).
Papa Reads, Too!
Watch Papa read If You Give a Moose a Muffin to “the Three Musketeers.” (See more family videos on Nana’s YouTube channel.)
Index of Titles
- And to Think that I Saw It on Mulberry Street by Dr. Seuss
- Corduroy by Don Freeman
- The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy by Lynley Dodd
- Heidi by Johanna Spyri
- If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Numeroff
- If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff
- The Little Red Hen
- Madeline by Ludwig Bemelmans
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
- Paddington by Michael Bond
- The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog! by Mo Willems
- The Poky Little Puppy by Janette Sebring Lowrey
- Pooh and Piglet Nearly Catch a Woozle by A. A. Milne
- Pooh Goes Visiting by A. A. Milne
- The Saggy Baggy Elephant by Kathryn Jackson
- Scuffy the Tugboat by Gertrude Crampton
- Snowflake in My Pocket by Rachel Bright
- The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck by Beatrix Potter
- Tigger Has Breakfast by A. A. Milne
- The Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Andersen
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams Bianco
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
I also have a list of more books on Goodreads that your children can read themselves when they’re older (or you could still read to them). I read to the family all the way through their school years.
- Curious George Gets a Medal by H. A. Rey
- Curious George Rides a Bike by H. A. Rey
- Fox in Socks by Dr. Seuss
- Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss
- The Night before Christmas by Clement C. Moore (posted seasonally)