If you’re planning a trip to the Kennedy Space Center or some other attractions on Florida’s Space Coast, we recommend:
- visiting Kennedy Space Center, of course
- birding from the comfort of your car at the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
- swimming and shelling at Cocoa Beach
- watching a rocket launch from Jetty Park or from Titusville
- Jetty Park has a fun tot lot and camping, too
- looking at the stars through a free telescope at Brevard Community College
- kayaking at the Brevard Zoo
If you visit Kennedy Space Center, you may be interested in reading about two great rocket scientists, Dr. Wernher von Braun and Dr. Henry L. Richter, Jr., and learn about their faith in God.
As you contemplate the planets and stars through the BCC telescope, remember God knows and cares about you personally (see NOTES).
Brevard zoo is a nice smaller zoo which offers two guided kayaking tours, either at Expedition Africa or in a restored wetlands in Wild Florida. Jenny and I had a fun time paddling past monkeys, giraffes, and elephants.
- “Astronomers estimate that there are as many galaxies outside the Milky Way as there are stars in it… there are more than 100 billion galaxies in the visible universe, many with more than 100 billion stars each. According to Psalm 147:4, God calls them all by name.” Read more… from the Institute for Creation Research.
- Related posts on Cocoa Beach
- The space shuttle photos are copyrighted by the Schmitt family. Please contact us for any permissions to use.