Our Family Christmas
We enjoyed being all together for Christmas. Ben and Bonnie came for a nice two-week visit.
Unfortunately, as they headed back home, they had only driven an hour when they were rear-ended on the Interstate. They were all fine, but it took more than two weeks for their car to be repaired. Ben flew back to D.C. to go to work and Bonnie and the boys stayed with us until the car was ready to drive again.
So, we had a whole month with Ben’s little family. I’ve put some photos and videos together… you know a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go!
Our Family Photos and Videos
Pick the ones you’re interested in:
- This is the official online Christmas slideshow photo album.
- A video of Patrick and Luke dancing and being playful by our Christmas tree.
- A video from our day at Green Meadows Petting Farm.
- A video of us exploring the Elephants Graveyard playground.
- A video of manatees at Blue Spring State Park.
- If you’re on Facebook, I have an album of photos just from Disney’s Art of Animation resort. Drop by and make a comment.
Things We Did:
Besides the usual Christmas celebrating and playgrounds and going to some movies and eating out, we found quite a number of other things to do in our month together. I’m including these ideas for visitors and locals who might be interested in things to do in Central Florida.
- We went to see the wintering manatees at Blue Spring State Park.
- I took Bonnie and the boys to the Green Meadows Petting Farm.
- We rode Orlando’s new Sun Rail train.
- Walking along Lake Toho
- The Winter Park Farmers Market
- The Winter Park History Museum
- Orlando Science Center
- Visiting Cru headquarters at Lake Hart
- Riding the monorail and walking through the Magic Kingdom resorts
- Pirate’s Cove mini golf
- Art of Animation resort at Walt Disney World
Some places to eat:
- Shake Shack
- The Earl of Sandwich at Disney Springs (expect a long line)
- Jeremiah’s Italian Ice
- Briarpatch in Winter Park