Ideas for Ministry on Mother’s Day
We found some practical help for ministering to women that you might like to use this weekend. We’ve also included links for sharing your appreciation through social media.
We thought you would appreciate the following two articles from Cru.org and a third from Cru’s FamilyLife ministry:
- If you would like some creative ideas to celebrate your mom, read 10 ways to honor Mom on Mother’s Day. I like the ones where I don’t have to cook.
- If this day is a hard one for you or for someone you know, 10 Tips for a Woman Dreading Mother’s Day. is a very helpful article with practical ideas, too, for how you could minister to women who’ve been unable to have children or to moms who’ve lost a child or to someone who’s had a traumatic event near Mother’s Day.
- You’ll find more great advice from When you’re not a mom on Mother’s Day.
Social Media and Mother’s Day
Would you like to send a Mother’s Day greeting to someone electronically? Dayspring.com has a wide selection of eCards that you can email or share on social media through Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
P&G has great “Thank you, Mom” videos if you would like to share any of these on social media. We’ve included this year’s ad at the end of our post. All of these videos celebrate Olympic athletes and their moms.
- The image for this post is from a screenshot of Proctor & Gamble’s 2016 video. The video had almost 10 million views at the time I linked to it.
- Mike and I are big fans of the Olympics and are looking forward to the Summer games in Rio this August. As we get closer to the games, we’ll alert you to what Cru is doing to reach people for Christ through the Olympics.