We’ve been able to explore some of the many good restaurants in DeLand, Florida, often walking from Stetson University campus to the historic downtown. I’ll add to this list over time. We recommend all of these.
Restaurants in DeLand, Florida
- Angelina’s Pizzeria has delicious pizzas and Italian food at affordable prices. Our portions were large, so you could share.
- Bill & Frank’s Brickhouse Grill has delicious food, but can get too crazy-busy on a weekend night, so try another time.
- Boston Coffeehouse I loved the decor (the original Boston Coffeehouse is on New York Ave.) and my sandwich on a pretzel bun
- Brian’s Bar-B-Q has award-winning food. The John Wayne Burger was fantastic!
- Casey’s on the Corner Enjoy a variety of hotdogs in a baseball-themed storefront restaurant and then go watch some good baseball.
- De La Vega is an upscale Mexican restaurant and art gallery.
- Dublin Station American pub atmosphere, but not high on our list.
- El Taco Amigo has real Mexican food in a drive-up next to an auto repair shop (catty corner to Tony’s pizza)
- Mainstreet Grill I prefer to eat here for lunch because I think dinner is over-priced.
- Norville Barnes would be our choice for celebrating a special occasion.
- Pat & Toni’s Sweet Things So far, I’ve just enjoyed looking at the wall-to-wall candy in this store, resisting the goodies.
- Rodeo Whip homemade ice cream that is very popular with the locals.
- Sweet Spot homemade ice cream and nearer to Stetson University.
- The Old Spanish Sugar Mill is actually at nearby DeLeon Springs State Park – make your own pancakes in the old mill at your table (read our story).
- Tomasita’s Cuban Bistro has delicious Cuban food.
- Tony’s New York Pizza has the best pizza near Stetson and good prices, too.