When we travel, we like to try local eateries. So, for our friends traveling to Orlando, here’s some personal recommendations. I won’t put very many chain restaurants on here because you might be able to visit these “back home.” I’ll keep most of the menu prices low to moderate and add more eateries to this list over time, too.
Eateries off of I-4
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse ~ award-winning BBQ in Orlando… be prepared to wait in a long line (that’s one of their cupcakes in our photo)
- BJ’s Brewhouse ~ your kids might want the in-house root beer
- Mimi’s Cafe ~ a taste of France for breakfast, lunch, or dinner
- Sweet Tomatoes ~ great buffet near the attractions
- Whole Foods Market ~ has a deli area for a wholesome and healthy meal
Eateries near the Airport
- Nature’s Table ~ casual dining and wholesome food
- Quite a few good chain restaurants north of the airport
Eateries near Disney
- Columbia Restaurant is Florida’s oldest chain. Great Spanish food since 1905.
Eateries near Universal
Eateries near Sea World
Eateries near Gatorland
- Abuelo’s ~ Mexican chain with beautiful setting and delicious food
- Azteca D’Oro ~ Great food and an all-female mariachi band
- Flat Rocks Pizza and Pasta ~ delicious food in a nice storefront restaurant
Eateries near UCF
- Azteca D’Oro (haven’t been to this location, but I’m sure it’s great)
- Bubbalou’s Bodacious Barbecue ~ casual dining and yummy!
- Sweet! ~ frozen yogurt and award-winning cupcakes (see special days)
Eateries near Several Locations
- Boston Coffee House ~ Starbucks meets Panera’s
- Tiajuana Flats ~ Tuesdays are crowded with fans of their taco special
- Buca di Beppo ~ fun atmosphere and great Italian food
- The Cheesecake Factory ~ more than cheesecake
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt ~ make your own sundaes
- Sonny’s Real Pit Bar-B-Q ~ get the Family Feast for Four and it’ll feed 5 (or maybe 6) of you
- And of course, many others you’re familiar with
- Monday – mini cupcakes at Sweet!
- Tuesday – two tacos special at Tiajuana Flats and frozen yogurt special at Sweet!
What about the Parks?
I’ll write a separate post about eating in the parks