When we travel, we like to try local eateries. So, for our friends traveling to Orlando, here’s some personal recommendations. I won’t put very many chain restaurants on here because you might be able to visit these “back home.” I’ll keep most of the menu prices low to moderate and add more eateries to this list over time, too.
Eateries off of I-4
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse ~ award-winning BBQ in Orlando… be prepared to wait in a long line (that’s one of their cupcakes in our photo)
- BJ’s Brewhouse ~ your kids might want the in-house root beer
- Sweet Tomatoes ~ great buffet near the attractions
- Whole Foods Market ~ has a deli area for a wholesome and healthy meal
Eateries near the Airport
- Chuy’s ~ fun atmosphere for Tex Mex
- Nature’s Table ~ casual dining and wholesome food
- Quite a few good chain restaurants north of the airport
Eateries near Disney
- Columbia Restaurant is Florida’s oldest chain. Great Spanish food since 1905.
Eateries near Universal
Eateries near Sea World
Eateries near Gatorland
- Abuelo’s ~ Mexican chain with a beautiful setting and delicious food
- Azteca D’Oro ~ great food and an all-female mariachi band
- Flat Rocks Pizza and Pasta ~ delicious food in a nice storefront restaurant
Eateries near UCF
- Azteca D’Oro (haven’t been to this location, but I’m sure it’s great)
- Bubbalou’s Bodacious Barbecue ~ casual dining and yummy!
- First Watch ~ fresh foods for breakfast, brunch, and lunch
- Mellow Mushroom ~ great pizzas
- Sweet! ~ frozen yogurt and award-winning cupcakes (see special days)
Eateries near Several Locations
- Boston Coffee House ~ Starbucks meets Panera’s
- First Watch ~ follow the link for central Florida locations
- Tiajuana Flats ~ Tuesdays are crowded with fans of their taco special
- Toasted ~ crafted grilled cheese, burgers, and salads
- Buca di Beppo ~ fun atmosphere and great Italian food
- Cheddar’s ~ made-from-scratch menu
- The Cheesecake Factory ~ more than cheesecake
- Chicken Salad Chick ~ many varieties of chicken salad
- Mellow Mushroom ~ hand tossed, stone baked pizzas
- Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt ~ make your own sundaes
- Sonny’s Real Pit Bar-B-Q ~ get the Family Feast for Four and it’ll feed 5 (or maybe 6) of you
- And of course, many others you’re familiar with
- Monday – mini cupcakes at Sweet!
- Tuesday – two tacos special at Tiajuana Flats and frozen yogurt special at Sweet!
What about the Parks?
I’ll write a separate post about eating in the parks