I’m addressing Easter cards this week and remembered I want to be more intentional about sharing my faith, especially at this time of year. I’m sure you know Easter draws a lot of people to church services who otherwise wouldn’t go during the rest of the year, so it’s naturally a good time to invite friends and neighbors to church, but your co-workers and many people you encounter while running errands would also be open to conversations about Easter.
I highly recommend you check out the “10 Easter Outreach Ideas” on Campus Crusade for Christ’s website.
Here’s my recommendations as well:
- Invite someone to dinner. Last year we invited a Hindu friend over for his first Easter dinner.
- Give DVDs from the JESUS Film Project, including Easter special pricing (after Easter, use this link).
- Adventures of Jesus Illustrated in English and Spanish (recommended for children or young adults who appreciate graphic novels).
- Choosing Your Faith by Mark Mittelberg
- The Books of the Bible New Testament
Another resource (that I haven’t used) is a set of Resurrection Eggs®. (You can find them at Wal-Mart, too). Our FamilyLife ministry shares a true story of using their Resurrection Eggs® to share the Gospel:
“It can be really tough for parents living in poverty to find time to play with or teach their kids. Often the families have a hard time just getting through life. So when we began planning for our Easter event last year, we knew that we wanted it to be a family activity.
“We decided to share the gospel story through Resurrection Eggs®,a resource from FamilyLife.” (Read the rest of the story on FamilyLife’s site.)
- I have more Easter Outreach ideas on MikeandSus.org.
- Popular Easter posts on this blog:
- More posts about Easter on this site and by this author on The Sovereign
- The image of Easter eggs is available on Wikimedia Commons.
- March 28, 2013 update: Please share the #FallingPlates video on your social networks. Learn more here.
One thought on “Easter Outreach Ideas”
Nice ideas you have in here.
I have similar topics on my page that might interest you.