Our Trip to Meet Abby
We spent five days with Ben’s family, helping them as they welcomed their fifth child, Abby, to their family. (At the end of this post, I have a link to our online photo album, Meeting Abby, with more great photos.)
What to Do???
You remember, we announced our fifth and sixth grandbabies, Kent and Abby, in May. With the Covid-19 lockdown, we weren’t sure how we might be able to go visit our newborns and keep everyone safe. We always like to help in any way we can with the kids and with housework, too, when a baby is born.
We kept ourselves isolated before our trip and then for our drive up and back, we were able to stay in an empty house halfway to Ben and Bonnie’s. When we were in Virginia, we pretty much stayed home with them or kept our distance from others when outside.
We’re home now and will isolate some more since we traveled out-of-state.
Mike and I enjoyed our visit. We spent lots of time talking, reading, and playing. We kept the kids busy and did housework and car repair.
- We celebrated Patrick’s eighth birthday and Abby’s one-month-old birthday.
- We went strawberry-picking (and had to take care of a flat tire on the side of the interstate).
- We taught the older three kids how to play Kubb (a lawn game).
- Mike gave the boys penny books and showed them about collecting pennies.
- Sus took Patrick on a nature/photography hike in the woods.
- We bought Patrick a digital microscope for his birthday and took turns looking at flowers, coins, fabric, and more.
We thoroughly enjoyed the rest of our time being grandparents and taking time for the family.
For more great photos, go to our online photo album, Meeting Abby.